The Community Learning Festival is an exciting and free event happening at Manchester Metropolitan University’s Brooks building on Tuesday, 25 July – Thursday, 27 July 2017, 12 – 6pm.
Details of workshop are appearing on this website – check each day’s programme below – a full printable programme is to come.
Note on Booking: Many workshops have limited spaces. When you book online, it is for attending one or more days of the festival (rather than individual workshops). When you arrive on the day, you will be able to book onto workshops on a first come first serve basis. Friends can also register on the day.
The festival is a celebration of the diversity of learning happening in the local area. It’s a chance for community learning providers and University projects to come together and enjoy the facilities at the Brooks building for a series of lively and interesting events.
The festival has a fantastic range of activities, workshops, walks and talks over the three days. Each day features workshops on themes:
- Tuesday 25th – Democracy & Resistance
- Wednesday 26th – Health & Wellbeing
- Thursday 27th – Creativity & Sustainability
Some of the highlights includes:
- Music, rap and spoken word sessions
- Art and textiles workshops mixing creative craft and technology
- Creative walks and digital story trails
- Debates and discussions on local and global issues
- Junk Percussion workshops
- Talks and films on civic action and social justice
The Festival has been organised by the Manchester Met Faculty of Education in association with community partners including Louise Da-Cocodia Education Trust, Hideaway.